Tired of ‘parenting’ at work?
Chief cook, bottle-washer and referee…putting out fires, fixing things that shouldn’t need fixing, dealing with drama, running interference on personal issues that have nothing to do with the business…
…and micromanaging. Ugh! The thing you promised you would never do!
It doesn’t have to be this way.
There is a Workplace That Works and it can be yours.
With over two and a half decades of experience and observation in multiple workplaces, one in particular stands out as stellar.
What was so stellar about that one workplace?
We were a team. We were treated well. We could be ourselves. We appreciated, respected and valued each other for who we were and for what we brought to our work. We were mindful of one another, our customers and our purpose. Our productivity and motivation ran at 110% and it showed in the bottom line.
You cannot mandate productivity, you must provide the tools to let people become their best.Steve Jobs
You are in the right place if:
- You own a small business with up to 20 employees.
- You are tired of being overwhelmed.
- You are tired of power-trips and workplace drama.
- You want to be yourself with an authentic team.
- You are ready for change and clarity.
- You want good vibes and productivity!
You are NOT in the right place if:
- You do not own a small business with up to 20 employees.
- You love being the martyred victim of ownership.
- You enjoy power-trips and workplace drama.
- You believe that hiring someone equals doing them a favour.
- You love being surrounded by “yes” people.
- What the hell are vibes? Who cares?
So, how do you get this stellar workplace?
The smaller and newer the business, the easier it is to set your workplace up for a positive and productive culture. It’s great to know this stuff right from the start, so that it can be integrated without causing a shake-up…and we all know that change of any kind causes shake-ups, right?
Even though it gets a bit more difficult as time goes on, it is never too late to create A Workplace That Works. Such a workplace has seven components that make it a pleasure to go to every day, and you, the owner, can bring them into your business with a guided, online workshop process.
This is what you will get in this D.I.Y. course:
- A 7-step process to clarify every area of your business with your team.
- A means of bringing it all together to create a road map of your business.
- Team exercises for each step.
- Audio guidance on how to do each step.
What is involved?
- Two hours per week scheduled with your team for each of the eight modules.
- Extra time will be needed for your team to complete some of the modules during regular work hours.
- A series of short audio (mp3) introductions and guidance is included throughout the steps.
- Introductory guides and exercises are available as PDF downloads
- Discussion/comments within the course webpages.
- You need an internet connection, printer and a connected audio playback device (mp3s are hosted on the course pages).
- Getting real with maybe a big easel, a pad of paper and markers. You will need some kind of tactile, physical, non-technical means of making notes. Yeah, we’re doing this the old-fashioned way! Okay, if you have a whole team of techies, that’s different, but we’re trying to connect here!
The Workplace Tune Up
There is a lot packed into the 7 Steps to Productivity. Are you ready to go for it? Are you willing to schedule two uninterrupted hours with your team per week for eight weeks to make this happen? Are you willing to give your team the space to fulfill the outcomes for certain steps throughout the weeks? Are you ready, willing and able to do this yourself? Awesome. (You have access for the lifetime of the course.)
The course is only $97. Remember, this is the D.I.Y. price and I don’t offer a money-back guarantee because it all depends on the way you schedule, facilitate and follow up on the content and process. I’m only there to check-in on general Q & A and feedback because, while I want to help you to get the most out of this, the online course and the price are not set up for one-on-one. If additional support and facilitation is what you are looking for, please get in touch. The Workplace That Works Mastermind is a great place to start if you have up to 5 employees and are in the first 5 years of business.
Do-it-yourselfer? The 7 Steps to Productivity online course comes with audio guides and worksheets to help you and your team tune up your workplace. Includes lifetime access to course materials.